Pre-season Planning Underway!
Registration for returning players opens March 20th.
While no final decisions have been made for the 2021 season, the Board continues to plan in hopes we’ll get the go-ahead. We will follow the advice of local and provincial health boards, and take guidance from provincial and national ball hockey associations with the goal to have a safe and fun season.
Changes to game play and scheduling are being considered to allow increased distancing on the rink and benches. Adult leagues successfully experimented with the revised rules this past summer.
Fortune favours good planners
We are tentatively organizing for our youth season to begin May 1st with Championship Day falling around the end of June. Adult leagues will also begin around May 1st and continue through the summer and into the fall as they have in the past.
- Registration for all returning players (youth and adult) tentatively scheduled to open March 20. If you registered in 2020 you are considered a returning player.
- Registration for new players to open March 27.
- For full details on divisions, equipment needs and how to register click here: withrowballhockey.net
- If the 2021 season is cancelled, league fees will be refunded minus a $10 admin fee to our payment system provider.
WPBHL needs two Operations Managers for 2022 season, with training in 2021.
At the end of the 2021 season our current Operations Manager will take a step back from the day-to-day running of games. Consequently, the league is looking for two individuals to organize what is needed to make the youth games happen. Duties would include scheduling staff and referees, organizing game day readiness for the rinks and more.
- Two paid positions
- One Operations Manager for weekday games
- One Operations Manager for weekend games
- New Operations Managers will train in 2021 and take over the role for the 2022 season
- Full job description at withrowballhockey.net
- Apply with an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Leave a Comment