ADULT / MEN
Important Men’s League Information – Read Before Registering
- Please read the League’s Code of Conduct on the League website.
- Please note that although this is a non-contact, recreational league, incidental contact MAY occur. Aggressive play or inappropriate conduct towards players or officials will not be tolerated and will lead to suspension or expulsion from the league.
- SIGN UP ONLY IF YOU WILL PARTICIPATE. Both the Women’s and Men’s divisions are very popular, with a waiting list of players hoping to get in. There is an attempt to create balanced teams on the basis of the experience and skill level of all participants. IF YOU SIGN UP IT IS EXPECTED THAT YOU WILL PLAY MOST GAMES. Last year some players missed many games and received disciplinary action. This year, missing a significant number of games may lead to your expulsion from the league. Do not sign up if you cannot commit to play.
- DURING THE MEN’S SUMMER/FALL SEASON ONLY, any player who misses 5 regular season games or more (other than by way of illness or injury or a Thursday game that is not counted) will be barred from participating in the playoffs.
- Please consult your doctor if you are injured before registering.
- The Men’s division is for men, 35 years of age and over.
- All games are played at the Withrow Park (off Carlaw Ave. south of Danforth Ave), except rainouts.
- Requests to be on the same team as other players will not be considered.
- All Men’s games are played on Tuesday nights. All games are played between 7:30 – 11:00 pm. Rain-out make-up games may be held on a different night.
- Season begins early April, weather permitting, and continues until mid October for the men (including playoffs).
- You will need a CSA approved hockey helmet (facemask mandatory for the women and eye-protection including either a facemask, shield or protective goggles or glasses required for the men) and ice or ball hockey gloves. Shin pads, elbow pads, and an athletic cup are also recommended but not mandatory.
- Each player receives a mesh ball hockey sweater.
Registration for Adult Leagues will open at 8 am on Monday, February 6th for returning players. Adults who did not register in 2022 are considered NEW players. New adult players can register starting Tuesday, February 21st at 8 am. Men's Fees for 2023 are $265.
WITHROW PARK BALL HOCKEY LEAGUE
Box 65257, RPO Chester
Toronto, ON • M4K 3Z2