WPBHL hosts 4 divisions: Youth (Co-ed and Girl); Young Adult (Young Men/Young Women); Adult (Men/Women); Special Needs (Co-ed).
Youth Division is comprised of 12 age groups, including U6 (4,5,6), U8 (7,8), U10 (9,10), U12 (11,12), U14 (13,14), U16 (15,16), U18 - Girls Only (17,18); U19 - Co-ed only (17,18,19).
Young Adult Division is comprised of Young Women (19-29 years old) and Young Men (20-29 years old).
Adult Division is comprised of Women (age 30+); and Men (age 40+)
Special Needs Division is for all ages (youth and adult).
All our divisions are very popular and fill up quickly. At time of registration priority is given to returning players from the previous year. Typically, the Youth season runs from April to end of June; the Young Adult season runs from May to August; and the Adult season runs from April until mid-October. The Special Needs division typically runs from May until mid-July. In 2021, due to the Covid-19 pandemic, play will not start until May (pending Toronto public health and provincial restrictions and recommendations).
Convenors are assigned to each Division. The convenors may be contacted by email [email protected] Please refer to the convenor list to determine who is assigned to the divisions.
Important Men’s League Information – Read Before Registering
- Please read the League’s Code of Conduct on the League website.
- Please note that although this is a non-contact, recreational league, incidental contact MAY occur. Aggressive play or inappropriate conduct towards players or officials will not be tolerated and will lead to suspension or expulsion from the league.
- SIGN UP ONLY IF YOU WILL PARTICIPATE. Both the Women’s and Men’s divisions are very popular, with a waiting list of players hoping to get in. There is an attempt to create balanced teams on the basis of the experience and skill level of all participants. IF YOU SIGN UP IT IS EXPECTED THAT YOU WILL PLAY MOST GAMES. Last year some players missed many games and received disciplinary action. This year, missing a significant number of games may lead to your expulsion from the league. Do not sign up if you cannot commit to play.
- DURING THE MEN’S SUMMER/FALL SEASON ONLY, any player who misses 5 regular season games or more (other than by way of illness or injury or a Thursday game that is not counted) will be barred from participating in the playoffs.
- Please consult your doctor if you are injured before registering.
- The Men’s division is for men, 35 years of age and over.
- All games are played at the Withrow Park (off Carlaw Ave. south of Danforth Ave), except rainouts.
- Requests to be on the same team as other players will not be considered.
- All Men’s games are played on Tuesday nights. All games are played between 7:30 – 11:00 pm. Rain-out make-up games may be held on a different night.
- Season begins early April, weather permitting, and continues until mid October for the men (including playoffs).
- You will need a CSA approved hockey helmet (facemask mandatory for the women and eye-protection including either a facemask, shield or protective goggles or glasses required for the men) and ice or ball hockey gloves. Shin pads, elbow pads, and an athletic cup are also recommended but not mandatory.
- Each player receives a mesh ball hockey sweater.
Dates of Interest
- March 20 – Registration for returning 2020 season players (if you were registered to play in 2020 but did not due to the pandemic you are considered a returning player for this coming season)
- March 29 – Open Registration, 8 am.
- Beginning May – Men’s Season starts*
- Mid October – Men’s Season ends. Fall season Championship night*
* Covid restrictions and regulations permitting
- Men’s Division: $290. (For those who played in the modified 2020 fall season and did not request their partial refund at that time, the adjusted 2021 fee will be $125. For those who did not play in 2020 and did not receive their full refund for 2020 will be charged $40 for 2021 season).
Register through the Withrow League website on the appropriate date. Please follow instructions regarding Women’s and Men’s division registration.