WPBHL hosts 4 divisions: Youth (Co-ed and Girl); Young Adult (Young Men/Young Women); Adult (Men/Women); Special Needs (Co-ed).
Youth Division is comprised of 12 age groups (*times are subject to change and are approximate):
U6 - Co-ed (4,5,6) (*Saturday and Sunday mornings)
U8 - Co-ed and Girls (7,8) (*Saturdays and Sunday morning)
U10 - Co-ed and Girls (9,10) (*Saturdays and Sundays afternoons)
U12 - (Co-ed and Girls) (11,12) (*Saturdays and Sundays afternoons)
U14 - (Co-ed and Girls) (13,14) (*Saturdays and Sundays evenings)
U16 - (Co-ed) (15,16) (*Sunday and Monday evenings)
U16 - (Girls) (15/16) (*Thursday and Friday evenings)
U18 - (Girls) (Times TBD)
U19 - (Co-ed) (17,18,19) (*Monday, Wednesday & Thursday evenings)
Young Adult Division is comprised of Young Women (19-29 years old) and Young Men (20-29 years old)
(Both Monday evenings*)
Adult Division is comprised of Women (age 30+) (Wednesday evenings); and Men (age 40+) (Tuesday evenings)
Special Needs Division is for all ages (youth and adult).
All our divisions are very popular and fill up quickly. At time of registration priority is given to returning players from the previous year. Typically, the Youth season runs from April to end of June; the Young Adult season runs from May to August; and the Adult season runs from April until mid-October. The Special Needs division typically runs from May until mid-July. In 2021, due to the Covid-19 pandemic, play has been postponed until the summer (pending Toronto public health and provincial restrictions and recommendations).
Convenors are assigned to each Division. The convenors may be contacted by email inf[email protected] Please refer to the convenor list to determine who is assigned to the divisions.
Important Women’s League Information – Read Before Registering
- Please read the League’s Code of Conduct on the League website.
- Please note that although this is a non-contact, recreational league, incidental contact MAY occur. Aggressive play or inappropriate conduct towards players or officials will not be tolerated and will lead to suspension or expulsion from the league.
- SIGN UP ONLY IF YOU WILL PARTICIPATE. Both the Women’s and Men’s divisions are very popular, with a waiting list of players hoping to get in. There is an attempt to create balanced teams on the basis of the experience and skill level of all participants. IF YOU SIGN UP IT IS EXPECTED THAT YOU WILL PLAY MOST GAMES. Last year some players missed many games and received disciplinary action. This year, missing a significant number of games may lead to your expulsion from the league. Do not sign up if you cannot commit to play.
- DURING THE MEN’S SUMMER/FALL SEASON ONLY, any player who misses 5 regular season games or more (other than by way of illness or injury or a Thursday game that is not counted) will be barred from participating in the playoffs.
- Please consult your doctor if you are injured before registering.
- The Women’s division is for women, 30 years of age and over.
- All games are played at the Withrow Park (off Carlaw Ave. south of Danforth Ave), except rainouts.
- Requests to be on the same team as other players will not be considered.
- All Women’s games are played on Wednesday nights. All games are played between 6:30 – 10:30 pm (for 2021 season only. Post-covid games will return to 7:15 to 10:15).
- Season begins in May, weather and public health restrictions permitting, and continues until mid October.
- You will need a CSA approved hockey helmet (facemask mandatory for the women and eye-protection including either a facemask, shield or protective goggles or glasses required for the men) and ice or ball hockey gloves. Shin pads, elbow pads, and an athletic cup are also recommended but not mandatory.
- Each player receives a mesh ball hockey sweater. [In 2021, hockey sweaters will not be distributed].
Dates of Interest
- March 20 – Registration for returning 2020 season players
- March 29 – Open Registration, 8 am
- Beginning May – *
- Mid October – Season ends. Fall season Championship night*
* Toronto public health and Ontario guidelines permitting (due to Covid-19)
- Women’s Division: $250 (For those who played in the modified 2020 fall season and did not request their partial refund, the 2021 adjusted fee is $135).
Register through the Withrow League website on the appropriate date. Please follow instructions regarding Women’s and Men’s division registration.