RETURNING PLAYER REGISTRATION BEGINS MARCH 20 @ 8 am; NEW PLAYER REGISTRATION BEGINS MARCH 27 @ 8am. PLAYERS WHO WERE REGISTERED IN 2020 ARE CONSIDERED RETURNING PLAYERS FOR 2021. THOSE WHO WERE NOT REGISTERED IN 2020 ARE CONSIDERED NEW PLAYERS FOR 2021.
$140 for both returning and new players.
Co-ed and Girls Division Rules
- The co-ed youth division is open to both boys and girls.
- The girls division is open to girls only.
- Non-contact in all divisions. No slap shots in Mite and Tyke
- Hockey gloves, CSA approved helmets, non-plastic hockey sticks are mandatory on the rink at all times.
- Shin guards for all divisions from Mite to Junior are mandatory again this year.
- Elbow pads and jocks are recommended equipment.
- Equipment for goalies is provided. Goalies do require their own helmet.
- Please note that the non-CSA approved street-hockey style goalie helmets are not permitted.
- CSA certified helmets are mandatory.
How to Register
- As a returning player you will be required to use last year’s e-mail to register. If you have changed e-mail addresses, please contact us by email.
- Returning players in all GIRLS divisions are guaranteed team placement if they are registered prior to March 27th.
- New players will be required to create a new family account and/or player profile prior to registering. New player registration begins at 8 am on March 27th.
All players are put on a waiting list until confirmation of payment and acceptance into the League. Payment does not constitute acceptance.
Once a division fills up, a limited waiting list will be put into place. In order to have a confirmed position on the waiting list the participant must be registered using our online registration system (no registration fee is charged for placement on the waiting list).
Teammate requests will only be considered in the Mite division. All teammate requests received by WPBHL for players in divisions other than Mite will neither be acted on nor responded to.
Once teams have been selected some players may be traded in an attempt to equalize team strength. Team equalization will be done at the discretion of the division convenor and head coaches. Please see the Equalization section on our website for more details on this policy. Equalization may not occur in 2021 due to COVID-19 restrictions.
Our refund policy for 2021 is as follows:
If the season is cancelled or partially cancelled due to COVID-19 refunds will be issued league wide (except for a $10 administration fee to cover system registration costs and bank fees).
Our refund policy pre-COVID and post-COVID is as follows:
Refunds will be offered only if the request is received in writing. Please send your request to us by email.
- After registration and up to and including two weeks into season – refund minus non-refundable administration fee.
- After the second week of the season – no refund except in hardship cases (injuries, etc.) and refund will be prorated to games played and minus non-refundable administration fee.
- Coaches will be selected in April. All players will be contacted by their coaches prior to the start of the season
- In 2021, playoffs will likely not take place due to Covid-19 restrictions. However, we may plan a round robin or something similar to finish off the season.
- Each player will receive a team T-shirt in 2021 (a team and an individual photograph is to be determined.)
NOTE: All-star programs province-wide may be postponed for 2021. We will update as we have more information.
[Pre-2021] For players who are interested in a more competitive environment, we offer an all-star program, involving try-outs and additional practices, with the all-star teams playing in tournaments (as available), exhibition games and the provincial minor ball hockey championships in July. Extra fees are applicable for the all-star program.
We do our best but cannot accept and accommodate everybody.