Co-ed Youth Divisions
- U6 (2018, 2017, and 2016 YOB). Games on Saturday and Sunday mornings at Withrow Park. Two games are played on the rink at once, across the width of the rink.
- U8 (2014 and 2015 YOB). Games on Saturdays and Sundays
- U10 (2012 and 2013 YOB). Games on Saturdays and Sundays
- U12 (2010 and 2011 YOB). Games on Friday evenings, Saturdays, Sundays and Monday evenings.
- U14 (2008 and 2009 YOB). Saturday evenings, Tuesday at 6, Wednesday at 6, Thursday at 6
- U16 (2006 and 2007 YOB). Sunday and Thursday evenings
- U19 (2003, 2004, and 2005 YOB). Sunday and Thursday evenings.
The 2022 youth season will run from early April to the end of June.
Games will be played on the outdoor rinks at Withrow Park and Riverdale Park East.
Co-ed Division Rules
- The co-ed youth division is open to both boys and girls.
- The girls division is open to girls only.
- Non-contact in all divisions. No slap shots in U6 and U8.
- Hockey gloves, CSA approved helmets, non-plastic hockey sticks are mandatory on the rink at all times.
- Shin guards for all divisions from U6 to Junior are mandatory again this year.
- Elbow pads and jocks are recommended equipment.
- Equipment for goalies is provided. Goalies do require their own helmet.
- Please note that the non-CSA approved street-hockey style goalie helmets are not permitted.
- CSA certified helmets are mandatory.
Teammate requests will only be considered in the U6 division. All teammate requests received by WPBHL for players in divisions other than U6 will neither be acted on nor responded to.
Once teams have been selected some players may be traded in an attempt to equalize team strength. Team equalization will be done at the discretion of the division convenor and head coaches. Please see the Equalization section on our website for more details on this policy.
Coaches will be selected in April. Players will be contacted by their coaches prior to the start of the season. Each player will receive a team T-shirt; (a team and an individual photograph is to be determined.)
For players who are interested in a more competitive environment, we offer an all-star program, involving try-outs and additional practices, with the all-star teams playing in tournaments (as available), exhibition games and the provincial minor ball hockey championships in July. Extra fees are applicable for the all-star program.
We do our best but cannot accept and accommodate everybody.