Again this season, it is expected several divisions will be filled very early. Returning players in all divisions EXCEPT Bantam and Junior are guaranteed team placement if they are registered prior to January 25. Returning players in Bantam and Junior are NOT guaranteed team placement. Registration for returning players in those divisions is on a first come, first served basis.
$140.00 for both returning and new players.
Co-ed and Girls Division Rules
- The co-ed youth division is open to both boys and girls.
- The girls division is open to girls only.
- Non-contact in all divisions. No slap shots in Mite and Tyke
- Hockey gloves, CSA approved helmets, non-plastic hockey sticks are mandatory on the rink at all times.
- Shin guards for all divisions from Mite to Junior are mandatory again this year.
- Elbow pads and jocks are recommended equipment.
- Equipment for goalies is provided. Goalies do require their own helmet.
- Please note that the non-CSA approved street-hockey style goalie helmets are not permitted.
- CSA certified helmets are mandatory.
How to Register
- As a returning player you will be required to use last year’s e-mail to register. If you have changed e-mail addresses, please contact us by email.
- Returning players in all divisions EXCEPT Bantam and Junior are guaranteed team placement if they are registered prior to January 25th.
- Returning players in Bantam and Junior are NOT guaranteed team placement. Registration for returning players in those divisions is on a first come, first served basis
- New players will be required to create a new family account and/or player profile prior to registering.
All players are put on a waiting list until confirmation of payment and acceptance into the League. Payment does not constitute acceptance.
Once a division fills up, a limited waiting list will be put into place. In order to have a confirmed position on the waiting list the participant must be registered using our online registration system (no registration fee is charged for placement on the waiting list).
Teammate requests will only be considered in the Mite division. All teammate requests received by WPBHL for players in divisions other than Mite will neither be acted on nor responded to.
Once teams have been selected some players may be traded in an attempt to equalize team strength. Team equalization will be done at the discretion of the division convenor and head coaches. Please see the Equalization section on our website for more details on this policy
Our refund policy is as follows:
Refunds will be offered only if the request is received in writing. Please send your request to us by email.
- After registration and up to and including two weeks into season – refund minus non-refundable administration fee.
- After the second week of the season – no refund except in hardship cases (injuries, etc.) and refund will be prorated to games played and minus non-refundable administration fee.
- Coaches will be selected in March. All players will be contacted by their coaches prior to the start of the season
- Playoffs will be scheduled as required.
- Each player will receive a team sweater, a team and an individual photograph and a memento of the season.
For players who are interested in a more competitive environment, we offer an all-star program, involving try-outs and additional practices, with the all-star teams playing in tournaments (as available), exhibition games and the provincial minor ball hockey championships in July. Extra fees are applicable for the all-star program.
We do our best but cannot accept and accommodate everybody.