How the League is changing because of Covid
Covid has forced us to rejig how games and registration will be run. This year, we’ve added an Opt Out option for returning players. This allows players who choose not to play due to Covid concerns to keep their returning player status for the 2022 season. Those who want to opt out should email the league at email@example.com and indicate they would like to “Opt Out for the 2021 Season.” The deadline for Opting Out is March 26, 2021, 11:59 p.m., and is open only to returning players.
We’ve also made changes in how games will proceed this season. Adjustments to increase safety, add physical distancing and reduce the opportunity for contact will be implemented. Adult divisions successfully experimented with the adjusted rules during Summer 2020. You can read about that here.
- Pre-game health checks.
- Additional sanitation on benches and common areas.
- 3 rinks to be used – Withrow Park, Riverdale and Jimmie Simpson.
- Divisions to be divided into bubbles of 4 teams with multiple bubbles per division as numbers warrant
- 12 runners per team to reduce crowding on bench.
- “Shooter Tutor” style goaltender system will be used across divisions until the sharing of equipment is allowed.
- No faceoffs. Rules will be in place to allow possession changes on icing and offside calls.
- Penalties will result in penalty shot to avoid time in penalty box.
Championship Day: Unfortunately the bubble system will not allow us to create the kind of schedule leading to a true champion at the end of the season. The board will plan for an end of season celebration with flags, smoke machines and music in order to finish off what will be a season we never forget.
Leave a Comment