Happy New Year!
The first step towards the 2023 Withrow Ball Hockey season is coming up!
Returning Player Registration (All Youth Divisions) opens Saturday January 14th at 8 am.
New Player Registration (All Youth Divisions) opens Saturday January 28th at 8 am. If your child did not play in the league in 2022 they are considered a NEW player.
Registration for Adult Leagues will open in early February for returning Mens and Womens players. Registration for New adult players will open later in February.
*NOTE: All new players who register in the returning player window will be removed from the registration list and charged a $10 administration fee. If you are unsure of your returning player status contact email@example.com for confirmation.
Two ways to register
- Go to the Register drop down menu at the WPBHL website. You will be directed to the WPBHL Registration page on TeamSnap. You will need a valid VISA, MasterCard or debit card (Interac) to register. We do not accept cheques.
- Returning players only may also use this link to register via TeamSnap: https://go.teamsnap.com/forms/352396/
- All registered players from 2022 should have an existing TeamSnap account and will be directed to the sign-up page. If for some reason you do not have a TeamSnap account, you will be prompted to create one.
- If you use this link to register and you are not a returning player (ie did not play in2022), your registration will be cancelled immediately and your fee will be returned less the $10 administration fee.
Returning players in all divisions EXCEPT Co-ed U16 and Co-ed U19 are guaranteed team placement if they are registered prior to January 28th.
Returning players in Co-ed U16 and Co-ed U19 are NOT guaranteed team placement. Registration for returning players in those divisions is on a first come, first served basis.
The link for New players will be posted on the WPBHL website. New players may also register via TeamSnap by using this link beginning Saturday, January 28th @8 am: https://go.teamsnap.com/forms/352397/
All players are put on a waiting list until confirmation of payment and acceptance into the League. Payment does not constitute acceptance.
Once a division fills up, a limited waiting list will be put into place. In order to have a confirmed position on the waiting list the participant must be registered using our online registration system (no registration fee is charged for placement on the waiting list).
NEW WPBHL APPAREL!
For the first time, the league will have official branded clothing for sale. Players, parents and fans alike can represent the world’s greatest ball hockey league in style with a selection of hoodies, tees, shorts, joggers and caps. The web store is now live at the following link: https://www.youwear.ca/WPBHL/
You can also find a link to our store at the top of our website. If you get your order in when you register, it should be available for the start of the season. We’re looking forward to seeing everyone in their new gear in the Spring!
SPONSOR A TEAM!
A great way to support the league is by adding a sponsorship during the registration process. Sponsorship fee is $400. Just follow the prompts when you register to add a sponsorship to your basket.
Season Duration and Rink Locations
The 2023 youth season will run from early April to the end of June.
Games will be played on the outdoor rinks at Withrow Park (off Carlaw Ave. south of Danforth Ave. and Riverdale Park East (off Broadview, south of Danforth).
Co-ed Youth Divisions
- U6 (2017, 2018, and 2019 YOB). Games on Saturday and Sunday mornings at Withrow Park. Two games are played on the rink at once, across the width of the rink.
- U8 (2015 and 2016 YOB). Games on Saturdays and Sundays
- U10 (2013 and 2014 YOB). Games on Saturdays and Sundays
- U12 (2011 and 2012 YOB). Games on Saturdays and Sundays and possibly one weeknight.
- U14 (2009 and 2010 YOB). Game times TBD.
- U16 (2007 and 2008 YOB). Game times TBD.
- U19 (2004, 2005, and 2006 YOB). Game times TBD.
- Girls U8 (2015, 2016 and 2017 YOB). Games on Saturdays and Sundays.
- Girls U10 (2013 and 2014 YOB). Games on Saturdays and Sundays.
- Girls U12 (2011 and 2012 YOB). Games on Saturdays and Sundays.
- Girls U14 (2009 and 2010 YOB). Games on Saturdays and Sundays.
- Girls U16 (2007 and 2008 YOB). Game times TBD.
- Girls U18 (2005 and 2006 YOB). Game times TBD.
The youth Co-ed Division is open to both boys and girls. The Girls Division is open to girls only. Non-contact in all divisions.
We try to allow all teams in a division to play the same number of games. Rainouts sometimes make it necessary to add additional games to the schedule at alternate times.
All teams play at different times/dates every week. There are no teams in any division that only play certain days/times.
The above times are tentative and subject to change.
Again this season, it is expected several divisions will be filled very early. Returning players in all divisions EXCEPT Co-ed U16 and Co-ed U19 are guaranteed team placement if they are registered prior to January 28th. Returning players in Co-ed U16 and Co-ed U19 are NOT guaranteed team placement. Registration for returning players in those divisions is on a first come, first served basis.
$140.00 for both returning and new players.
Hockey gloves, CSA approved helmets, non-plastic hockey sticks are mandatory on the rink at all times. Shin guards are mandatory for all divisions. Elbow pads and jocks are recommended equipment. Equipment for goalies is provided. Goalies wear their own helmet. Please note that the non-CSA approved street-hockey style goalie helmets are not permitted. CSA certified helmets are mandatory.
Teammate Requests and Equalization
Teammate requests will only be considered in the U6 division. All teammate requests received by WPBHL for players in divisions other than U6 will neither be acted on nor responded to.
Once teams have been selected some players may be traded in an attempt to equalize team strength. Team equalization will be done at the discretion of the division convenor and head coaches. Please see the Equalization section on our website for more details on this policy.
Refunds will be offered only if the request is received in writing. Please send your request to us by email.
After registration and up to and including two weeks into season – refund minus non-refundable $10 administration fee. After the second week of the season – no refund except in hardship cases (injuries, etc.) and refund will be prorated to games played and minus non-refundable administration fee.
Vaccination Policy for 2023
There is no Vaccination policy for the 2023 season. However, we request that all players, staff and officials stay home if they feel unwell and not come to the rink.
Teams will be made by division conveners once registration is complete. Coaches will be selected in March and players will be contacted by their coaches prior to the start of the season
Each player will receive a team sweater, a team photo, individual photo and a memento of the season.
For players who are interested in a more competitive environment, we offer an all-star program, involving try-outs and additional practices, with the all-star teams playing in tournaments (as available), exhibition games and the provincial minor ball hockey championships in July. Extra fees are applicable for the all-star program.
Looking forward to another great season!